Python is a must for students and working professionals to become a great Software Engineer
especially when they are working in Web Development Domain. I will list down some of the key
advantages of learning Python:
• Python is Interpreted − Python is processed at runtime by the interpreter. You do not need to compile your program before executing it. This is similar to PERL and PHP.
• Python is Interactive − you can actually sit at a Python prompt and interact with the interpreter directly to write your programs.
• Python is Object-Oriented − Python supports Object-Oriented style or technique of programming that encapsulates code within objects.
• Python is a Beginner's Language − Python is a great language for the beginner-level programmers and supports the development of a wide range of applications from simple text processing to WWW browsers to games.
What Can Python Do?
We can achieve a lot by using Python as a programming language. Here’s a list of things we can do with Python:
• Create web applications on a server.
• Create workflows along with software.
• Read and modify database systems.
• Solve complex problems and handle big data.
• Create rapidly-developed production-ready software.
You would wonder why use Python anyways? Let me help you understand using the keywords in the formal definition of Python.
• High Level
Python derives components from the natural language that we humans use to communicate with each other. This makes it easier for anyone to try and relate what exactly could be happening without the burden of going through tons of machine code.
Python codes are compiled line-by-line which makes debugging errors much easier and efficient. But this comes at a cost as it is much slower than other programming languages.
• Easy Syntax
Python makes use of indentations instead of braces to distinguish what blocks of code come under which class or function. This makes the code look well distributed and makes it easy for anyone to read it.
• Dynamic Semantics
If you are an old school coder, you would know that before using anything, you would need to initialize it. It does all of this dynamically.
Why learn Python
Python is not only one of the easier programming languages but is also incredibly powerful. Although it was initially developed as a ‘scripting language’ – meant for trivial projects rather than commercial use – it has since grown in popularity, largely because of the advent of the internet. Python now powers some of the most popular sites on the web, including YouTube and Google- it’s even used at NASA!
Python supports modules and packages, enabling the developer to design programs in modules and reuse, scale, and export these modules for different projects.
It is also widely used by programmers developing new software in artificial intelligence, automation and data science.
Why is Python mostly used for?
Python is often used as a support language for software developers, for build control and management, testing, and many other ways.
Where is Python used in the real world?
The major fields include Machine Learning and AI, Web Development, Data Analytics, Game Development, IoT, Application Development, and Game Development. Many sectors, including the healthcare sector, finance sector, aerospace sector, and banking sector, rely heavily on Python.
What are the advantages of using Python?
• It's easy to read, learn and write. Python is a high-level programming language that has an English-like syntax.
• Improved Productivity. Python is a very productive language....
• Interpreted Language....
• Dynamically typed.
• Free and Open-Source....
• Massive Library Support....
What are the disadvantages of Python?
The disadvantages of Python are:
• Python is slower than C or C++....
• Mobile Development. Python is not a very good language for mobile development...
• Memory Consumption Python is not a good choice for memory-intensive tasks...
• Database Access. Python has limitations with database access...
• Runtime Errors
Python's features include
• Easy-to-learn Python has a few keywords, a simple structure, and a clearly defined syntax.
This allows the student to pick up the language quickly.
• Easy-to-read Python code is more clearly defined and visible to the eyes.
• Easy-to-maintain: Python's source code is fairly easy-to-maintain.
• A broad standard library: Python's bulk of the library is very portable and cross-platform compatible on UNIX, Windows, and Macintosh.
• Interactive Mode: Python has support for an interactive mode which allows interactive testing and debugging of snippets of code.
• Portable Python can run on a wide variety of hardware platforms and has the same interface on all platforms.
• Extendable: you can add low-level modules to the Python interpreter. These modules enable programmers to add to or customize their tools to be more efficient.
• Databases: Python provides interfaces to all major commercial databases.
• GUI Programming: Python supports GUI applications that can be created and ported to many system calls, libraries, and window systems, such as Windows MFC, Macintosh, and the X Window system of UNIX.
• Scalable Python provides a better structure and support for large programs than shell scripting.
How is Python used?
Understanding what Python is and why it should be used, you would wonder what you can do when you master it. Well, the list is just surprisingly long. For instance, • Creating web applications with Python Frameworks such as Django and Flask
• You can create workflows for the software that you are working on
• Use Python to modify files and data stored in Databases
• Scientific, Analytic and complex calculations can be taken care of easily
• You can create software much quicker with Python, which is ready for deployment.
Can Python be used to make apps?
Python can be used for Android App Development even though Android doesn't support native Python development. This can be done using various tools that convert the Python apps into Android Packages that can run on Android devices.
How Python is executed?
Python code is translated into intermediate code, which has to be executed by a virtual machine, known as the PVM, the Python Virtual Machine. This is a similar approach to the one taken by Java. There is even a way of translating Python programs into Java byte code for the Java Virtual Machine (JVM).
How does Python actually work?
Python is called an interpreted language. Python uses code modules that are interchangeable instead of a single long list of instructions that was standard for functional programming languages. The standard implementation of python is called “cpython”. It is the default and widely used implementation of Python.
Dont miss out on the news!
Join the MAKE NOW academy to receive exclusive content every week!